Calling all Aspiring Manga-ka's! This year Anime Banzai will be hosting its Second Manga contest.
- The artist will draw 1 color cover page and 10 to 20 black and white pages. A title page must be included.
- Must be drawn or composed at 1 inch top and bottom margins and a ½ inch margin the sides. No paper smaller than 8 ½” X 11” and no larger than 11”X17” (this helps us to get a clear picture over email)
- It can be either a one shot or a part of a longer story arc.
- Must be ALL original characters - NO FAN FICTION!
- Must be completely penciled and inked (tones are optional.)
- Must comply to family friendly rules - no nudity, no gore, no swearing, no yaoi or yuri, no sex implied or otherwise. Keep it strictly PG-13 or below; no exceptions!
- Must be scanned in at 300 dpi and sent in as a JPEG file or place in google docs. All conditions must be met or the submission will be disqualified.
- No direct mail - electronic submissions only. to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject bar of your email, please include "Manga Contest" and the title of your story.
- All entries must be received by August 12th, 2013. Please include with your entry a title page with your name, email address, the title of your submission, and how many pages your submission is. Please do not place your name on anything but the title page. (Your name on anything but the title page can cause disqualification)
- You may submit multiple times as long as it follows the above standards.
- Each submission will receive a short critique of the artist's work.
1. Your story should be between 1000 and 2500 words.
2. Your story must include a correctly completed contest submission form in order to be considered. Make sure you have checked the contest for which the story should be considered.
3. Include a Title Page with title and the work(s) from which you are drawing characters, world, and/or content.
4. Double-space your story, and send it in an easy to read serif font. Anything not easily read will not be considered.
5. Include a page number at the bottom of each page and your story’s title at the top of each page.
6. The work must be complete; it can be a “one-shot” or a chapter of a bigger work or have an open ending but it must have a clear ending.
7. Don’t plagiarize (submit someone else’s work as your own). It’s dishonest, and if we catch it, it will result in disqualification.
8. Keep it strictly PG-13 or below; no exceptions!
9. We reserve the right to use your work in our promotional materials. If your work is used, your name will be credited.
10. For the sake of impartial judging, your name should not appear anywhere except on the registration form.
11. Submit your story to email@example.com in .pdf (preferred!), .doc, or .docx format.
12. If entries are not up to our standards, we reserve the right not to award prizes.
13. Entries must be received by August 31st 2013 to be considered for this contest.
14. Have fun, and good luck!