2015 Theme – Gaming (video games, RPGs, card, table-top)
May 31, 2015 by 11:59pm MST
Any entries received with a time stamp after the deadline will be disqualified unless you have previously submitted a line version.
Contest Rules & Information
- To submit, you must send your artwork, along with your full name, mailing address, email, and phone number to email@example.com
- Entries should be a minimum of 300 dpi (unless vectored) for best print quality. Larger is fine, but please keep in mind email size limits. You do not want to send a broken image.
- Photoshop- or Illustrator-ready files (psd, tiff, ai, eps, pdf, etc.) with transparent backgrounds are a plus, and will be requested if your art is chosen. Please don't discard your work files - they're important!
- Line entries will be accepted, but should be either inked or cleaned up before submission and we may request a color version later.
- Color entries MUST also have a line version included with the submission.
- Mascots can be full-body or partial.
- The mascots may be submitted singly or together.
- If you submit the mascots separately, you must submit both.
- You may enter more than one set of mascots, but you may only receive one prize.
- You are not required to use the Banzai color scheme of green and purple.
- We have uses for both Realistic and Chibi versions, so you may submit either or both.
Information on Ban and Sai:
- Ban - Blonde boy, sometimes seen with a Panda mask
- Sai - Brunette girl, sometimes seen with a Fox mask
- Both should be aged 16-25
- Multiple entries / artists will be chosen.
- The earlier you submit, the better your chances that your art may be selected. (There are several announcements or advertising opportunities with their own artwork needs throughout the year.)
- If your artwork is chosen, you will receive 2 free admissions into Anime Banzai 2015.
- If you have preregistered before being notified that your art was chosen, there are several options that will be offered on a case-by-case basis.
Anime Banzai reserves the right to use the winning entries for any and all promotional purposes for the Anime Banzai convention and Utah Anime Promotions in perpetuity.
Examples of some of the items that need mascot art :
- Web-page graphics
- Advertising (Vectored art is much preferred.)
- Coupons & Tickets
- T-shirts & Other Merchandise
- Convention Program Book
- Certificates & Awards
Please remember: Submitting your art to the DeviantArt (DA) group does not count as submitting it to the contest. You must send the email to have your work considered for the contest.
If you have any questions or concerns about the mascot contest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.