2016 Theme – Swords and Sorcery (includes all fantasy-type weapons and magic)
January 31, 2016 by 11:59pm MST
Any entries received with a time stamp after the deadline will be disqualified. The earlier you submit, the better your chances that your art may be selected. (There are several announcement or advertising opportunities with their own artwork needs throughout the year.)
Contest Rules & Information
- To submit, you must send your artwork, along with your full name, email, phone number and mailing address to BanzaiArtShow@Gmail.com
Entries should be a minimum of 300 dpi (unless vectored) for best print quality. Larger is fine, but please keep in mind email size limits. You do not want to send a broken image.
Photoshop- or Illustrator-ready files (psd, tiff, ai, eps, pdf, etc.) with transparent backgrounds are a plus, and will be requested if your art is chosen. Please don't discard your work files - they're important!
Line-art only entries will be accepted but need to be cleaned up and inked; we may request a color version later.
Color entries MUST also have a line version included with the submission.
You are not required to use the Banzai color scheme of green and purple.
Mascots can be full-body or partial.
We have uses for both Realistic and Chibi versions, so you may submit either or both. (The code monkeys building the website really like Chibis)
The mascots may be submitted singly or together. If you submit the mascots separately, you must submit both.
You may enter more than one set of mascots, but you may only receive one prize.
Nothing copyrighted or trademarked can be a part of your image. Everything must be original or generic enough that it's not a specific item or character. NO LOGOS (except the Banzai one of course).
Information on Ban and Sai:
- Ban - Blonde boy with green eyes; optional Panda or Tanuki mask.
- Sai - Brunette girl with purple eyes; optional Kitsune mask.
- Both should be aged 16-25
- Multiple entries / artists will be chosen.
- If your artwork is chosen, you will receive 2 free admissions into Anime Banzai 2016.
- If you have pre-registered before being notified that your art was chosen, there are several options that will be offered on a case-by-case basis.
- One artist will be given the opportunity to have a half or full table in Artist Alley reserved for them. Reservation only, you will still have to pay the table fee (minus the con registration amount).
Anime Banzai reserves the right to use the winning entries for any and all promotional purposes for the Anime Banzai convention and Utah Anime Promotions in perpetuity.
Examples of some of the items that need mascot art :
- Web-page graphics
- Posters & Flyers
- Advertising (Vectored art is much preferred.)
- Coupons & Tickets
- T-shirts & Other Merchandise
- Convention Program Book
- Certificates & Awards
For examples of previous years mascots go to http://anime-banzai-group.deviantart.com (main page) and http://animebanzai.deviantart.com (community group).
Please remember: Submitting your art to the DeviantArt (DA) group does not count as submitting it to the contest. You must send the email to have your work considered for the contest.