Open Staff Positions
Anime Banzai is one of the fastest growing conventions in Utah. Our staff is 100% volunteer-based - nobody gets paid. Instead, we are rewarded with the results of our hard work. Working with others who are passionate about similar geekdoms presents a unique opportunity to put your skills to work and develop them in ways you never thought possible.
Updated - 06-07-2014
UAP (Utah Anime Productions) is seeking a dedicated individual to oversee the role of Merchandise Coordinator. Applicants must be able to keep deadlines, attend meetings in Salt Lake City, and work well with others. The Merchandise Coordinator is responsible for establishing and maintaining all merchandise, researching and resolving shipment problems or discrepancies, and maintaining good communication with the vendor community.
- Predict trends and fashions, and decide which products are most likely to appeal to customers
- Business sense and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Creative flair
- Sales skills in a retail and/or exhibition environment
- Attend Anime Banzai meetings help on Saturdays once a month from November through May and twice a month from June through October. Meetings are usually held at the Downtown SLC Library.
- Researching product ideas, performing surveys with target market, and communicating with vendors.
- Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed, and that it functions as advertised.
- Analyze sales information, work out sales targets, and plan how to increase profits.
- Work with our Marketing Team to develop product ideas and help with trade shows to sell product.
- Attend department meetings when needed to discuss department-related material. Meetings will be held in the Downtown SLC area.
- Have a reliable Internet connection and computer capable of communicating with other Staff Members.
- Be able to work some/all days of the Convention: October 16-19, 2014 on location at the Davis Conference Center. Hotel room may be provided depending on the scope of the position.
UAP (Utah Anime Promotions) is a not-for-profit organization and all positions are 100% volunteer. We rely on dedicated individuals who love Japanese culture/Anime/Manga to help make Anime Banzai possible. Volunteers do have perks that come with the job.
- Work from home
- Be involved with one of the largest and fastest-growing conventions in Utah.
- Work with other great people who enjoy Japanese culture/Anime/Manga
- Develop and hone your skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume to email@example.com with “Merchandise Coordinator Application” in the subject line.